An entry in the NLI is made for the following period:
- up to 30 years - in case of varieties of fruit plants
- 10 years - in case of varieties of remaining plant species
counting from the calendar year following the year in which an entry of a variety into the NLI was made.
On the maintainer's request, a validity period of acceptance
in the NLI may be prolonged
- for the period not longer than 30 years, if a variety still satisfies the DUS requirements and is cultivated - in case of fruit plants
- to 10 years, if a variety still satisfies the DUS requirements and is cultivated - in case of vegetable plants
- to 10 years, if a variety still satisfies the DUS requirements, is cultivated and has an economic importance - in case of agricultural plants.
An application for prolongation of the validity period should be submitted at least 2 years before the expiration date.
The application submitted after the time limit will be left without recognition.
Application for Prolongation of Validity Period of a Variety Acceptance in the Polish National List (NLI):
form - .doc format
Above application should be submitted by the variety maintainer or his representative in one copy.
Application fee for prolongation of validity period amounts to 500 PLN (except for conservation and amateur varieties), irrespective of species.