AUTHORIZATIONS TO PLACE ON THE MARKET SEED OF VARIETIES
PARTICIPATING IN THE OFFICIAL EXAMINATIONS INTENDED FOR TESTS AND TRIALS PURPOSES
- Art. 108 of the Polish Seed Act of November 9, 2012 (OJ 2021, item 129)
- Commission Decision
of December 1, 2004 (OJ L 362, 09/12/2004; as amended)
CONDITIONS FOR AUTHORIZATION
Authorizations to place on the market seed of a variety intended for tests and trials purposes
are granted - in the form of a decision - by the COBORU Director General for varieties of:
- agricultural plant species, applied for the Polish National List and accepted for the official examinations,
- vegetable species, applied for the Polish National List or for the relevant list(s) of the Member State(s) and accepted for the official examinations.
Authorizations shall be granted if justifiable is gathering of:
- information on the variety value for cultivation and use - for agricultural plant species,
- knowledge from practical experience during variety cultivation - for vegetable species.
APPLICATION FOR AUTHORIZATION
Application for authorization to place on the market seed of variety intended for tests and trials purposes
shall be submitted to the Research Centre for
Cultivar Testing (COBORU) Director by interested maintainer or person authorized by him who will place on the market variety seed material. ( form - .doc format
A receipt of stamp duty remittance of 82 PLN
hould be attached to the application for authorization, according to the art. 1, par. 1, point 1c and par. 2, appendix part III par. 44 point 2 of The Law of November 16, 2006 on stamp duty (OJ of 2020, item 1546; with amendments).
A stamp duty shall be remitted on a bank account of The Municipal Office of Środa Wielkopolska
SWIFT (BIC): PPABPLPK
BNP PARIBAS Bank Polska Spółka Akcyjna
IBAN: PL 64 1600 1462 1747 0274 5000 0003
LIMITS OF SEED MATERIAL
Maximum quantities of seed of agricultural plant varieties, applied for the National List and accepted for the official examinations, authorized in Poland to place on the market for tests and trials purposes
There are no quantitative restrictions on the amount of seed that may be marketed under an authorization for vegetable plant varieties
RENEWAL OF AUTHORIZATION
The decisions on grant of authorization to place on the market seed of variety intended for tests and trials purposes are issued for a period not exceeding one year
Authorizations shall be renewable on the applicant's request, if a variety is still being examined:
- in case of agricultural plant species - each time, for a period not exceeding one year,
- in case of vegetable species - maximum twice, for a period not exceeding one year each.
A stamp duty is not obligatory for this application.
CESSATION OF VALIDITY
COBORU Director General, in the form of a decision, repeals or states expiration of authorization.
Repealing of authorization takes place in case of:
- withdrawal of application for addition to the National List,
- refusal to addition to the National List.
Expiration of authorization is stated if a variety is admitted to the National List.
LIST OF VALID AUTHORIZATIONS
Valid authorizations to place on the market seed of varieties intended for tests and trials purposes
A variety maintainer is obliged to inform COBORU Director General about the quantities of seed material placed on the market for tests and trials purposes, in the period for which authorization is granted, within 30 days from the day of its placing on the market.